At Wild With Nature we are very conscious of our impact on the environment. From day one we have tried to be as sustainable as possible, to protect this wonderful countryside for year to come. We have a big focus on conserving the natural environment to encourage new plant and animal species to thrive here.
Here are a few things we do to minimise negative environmental impact.
- Both of the sites are totally off grid so rely on solar power from our panels. This means we are not putting pressure on local amenities and are totally self-sufficient.
- In May 2019 a bore hole was drilled so that we have our own access to fresh drinking water without tapping into the mains. The water is clean, filtered and delicious.
- When cleaning the huts we use eco-friendly cleaning products from Bio-D. The packaging is 100% recyclable and made from recycled materials. The ingredients are ethically and sustainably sourced and their products aren't full of nasty is that damage or pollute the environment. All the bottles are refilled not thrown away.
- Our very popular, beautifully smelling, eco-friendly toiletries are also not damaging to the environment. They are made by the fantastic brand Bramley Products who were really hard to harness the beneficial qualities of natural plant-based ingredients. The bottles are all recyclable, refillable and all ingredients biodegradable.
- We are big on recycling and also composting guests rubbish. We have specific bins and systems to make sure as little as possible goes to landfill. We are very considerate of a single–use plastic usage.
- A new addition at The Lakes is the composting loos to minimise water usage and eradicate the risk of contamination. You do your business and we compost it to use on the fields… Simple!
- Andy is a big advocate for the conservation of our natural landscape and wildlife. He works hard to encourage biodiversity on the farm by creating desirable habitats and supplementary feeding birdlife in the winter months. The hope is that looking after the environment now will have a positive impact on the land for future generations.
We hope you will join us soon to see what we're up to!